David A Wilson
2414 Fourth St.
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
330-603-8743 davidawilson0 (at) gmail.com
Versatile worker with broad variety of skill sets: Degreed in journalism, experience in media; restaurant and hospitality services; warehousing and transportation; market research; finance; team leader and manager. Seeking short-term and long-term assignments.
• Longtime journalist and manager with expanded skill sets to incorporate Web content development, public relations, marketing and related fields. Encyclopedic knowledge of AP Stylebook. Excellent English writing and editing skills; some French and German. Use Mac and PC platforms. Well-versed in computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite; current Web applications such as Dreamweaver and WordPress; active user of social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn. Patch.com, Fairlawn, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio; SunLit Communications, Akron, Ohio; SportsInk.com, Akron Ohio; SmartBrief, Washington, D.C.; Akron Beacon Journal, Akron; The Sun News, Myrtle Beach, S.C.; Columbus Communicators Magazine & The Ad Group, Columbus, Ohio.
• Technical support in cable television and high-speed Internet service. PlusOne Communications, Akron, Ohio. Assist call-in customers in troubleshooting access issues, dispatch technicians to home sites.
• Market research interviewer. Conduct surveys and opinion polls of targeted and random interview subjects for such major clients as NBC News and the Wall Street Journal, political, nonprofit and business entities. Peter D. Hart Research, Washington, D.C., and Akron.
• Experienced frontline worker in food service industry as bartender and server, food product handling, retail produce and beverage sales. K&M Market, Columbus, Ohio; Cooker Bar and Grille, Columbus Neal’s bar, Myrtle Beach, S.C., Totally Cooked barbecue and catering, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
• Experienced in warehousing dry goods, some hazardous materials and food products, transportation in small trucks locally and some over-the-road. Local package delivery. Rite-Way Barber and Beauty Supply, Columbus, Ohio; DiPietro Pizza and Restaurant Supply; RPS, Columbus, Ohio, and later FedEx Ground, Akron-Cleveland.
• Helped reassign street addresses for updated 911 Emergency response system in Horry County, S.C., employing a standardized grid to previously haphazard numbering system. Horry County government.
• Marketed and maintained financial services for clients while recruiting and developing new associates: Life insurance, annuities, Series 6 securities (mutual funds), other financial products and services. PFS, Akron, Ohio.
• Seasonal light industrial work: Painting offices, home interiors and exteriors; property maintenance indoor and out; light demolition work, cleanup. Franklin County, Ohio.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism from The Ohio State University
• Bishop Watterson High School, Columbus, Ohio
• Continuing education courses in Web design, Dreamweaver, Marketing on a Shoestring Budget
• Zenger-Miller Frontline Leadership
• John C. Maxwell Maximum Impact leadership development
• Tom Hopkins Achieving Sales Excellence
• Front Page Decision-Makers